Spyderco Delica 4 Review – Spyderco Delica is a popular, high-performing, lightweight one-handed-opening pocket knife series from Spyderco brand. This particular model is considered as one of the spyderco’s best selling knives. The delica has been updated significantly in the past few years. The current version is called as “Spyderco Delica 4 Knife”. This is the fourth generation of spyderco delica 4 discussion.
Spyderco is on of the fewest company that use CQI (Constant Quality Improvement) process to improve the effectiveness and usability of knife. Spyderco delica 4 folding knife is the smaller version of Spyderco Endura. The major improvements in spyderco delica 4 black knife includes 4-way clip, easy to clean blade, screw together construction and better ergonomics.
All of the spyderco knives are backed by limited manufacturer’s warranty including Delica 4 series. Overall, spyderco delica 4 review goes onto say that it’s a excellent Every-Day-Carry (EDC) Knife.
Discussion About Handle
Spyderco Delica 4 Review: The handle of spyderco delica 4 knife is made out of Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon (FRN). The bi-directional texturing on the handle will provide comfortable grip and control when using this knife. The 2 skeletonized stainless steel liners increase the stability and strength without adding extra weight.
Most of the materials used are lightweight, non-slippery and feature stainless steel liners. Spyderco delica disassembly comes crucial because you can completely take apart the handle for quick cleaning. The improvised ergonomics make it a better handle compared with previous generations of delica knives.
The locking mechanism is picture-perfect and no complains have made regarding this so far by our opinion.
Discussion About Blade
The blade of spyderco delica 4 is constructed out of VG-10 stainless steel with black coating. It’s razor sharp from the moment you take it out of the box. This knife feature Spyderco’s patented Spyder Edge and has a traditional straight edge. The coating is formed out of non reflective black titanium carbon nitride. The blade thickness is 0.09 inches & length is 2.56 inches.
You can use from a couple of blade options which are Serrated & Straight edge. However, some people say that the black coating may get scratched easily during a heavy-usage. It’s not a major problem and you may use the knife anyway.
This help to reduce reflection on the blade and avoid blade’s corrosion resistance. The blade feature phosphor bronze washers for smooth opening and closing operation.
The blade is ideal to tackle every day purposes. Straight edge blade is recommended to slice boxes open or open covers. Serrated blade is ideal for cutting through the rope or twin. Overall, this spyderco delica 4 review is regarding the discussion about blade.
- It’s Easy-To-Carry, Lightweight and Very Sharp
- Feature High Quality Steel To Resist Against Rust & Corrosion
- The Blade & Handle Is Super Cool Which Are Razor Sharp
- 4-Way Pocket Clip That Allows You To Adjust The Height Based on Whether You’re Left or Right Handed
- Very Easy To Clean and Handle Can Be Dissembled Apart
- It Folds Up Very Tight and Feel Very Secure When In Use
- No Shaking or Ratting When In Use/ Easy To Grip (This is a best feature in spyderco delica 4 review)
- A Reliable Pocket Knife That Has a Solid Back Lock
- It’s Available In 5 Different Colors From Which You Can Choose From
- Some of the consumers feel that the blade is not sharp for a long period as it used to be in the previous spyderco delica 4 analysis models
- The Pocket Clip Might Break Quickly If Not Handled Properly
- The Black Coating Might Get Easily Scratched, But It Avoids The Corrosion Resistance
- The Price Might Be a Tad Expensive Than Previous Models, But Highly Recommend EDC Knife In The Market
A Final Words of Advices
Overall, spyderco delica 4 folding knife is ideal Every-Day-Carry (EDC) model. Everything looks super cool from it’s blade onwards to design. Spyderco is one of the very famous pocket knife manufacturer whom you can trust and make a investment. It’s a go-to-choice for most of the people. Don’t hesitate to check-out this spyderco delica 4 review because it’ll be useful for you. You can check-out the brand history of Spyderco on this page.
You Can Find The Overall Score Provided For Spyderco Delica4 Lightweight Knife By Our Editor