- Manufacturer: Cold Steel
- Shipping Weight: 5.3 ounces
- Blade Length & Material: 4 Inches, Japanese AUS 8A Stainless With Black Finish
- ASIN: B00322HR2C
- Overall Knife Length: 9-3/8
- Handle: 5-3/8-inch Long G-10
- Product Dimension: 5.5 x 1.9 x 0.9 inches
The cold steel recon 1 knife is rock solid and can be considered as the tactical EDC knife and provide expectational return for your investment. Cold Steel Recon 1 is a famous tactical folder series at a competitive price, with a minor drawbacks.
Recon 1 is mass-market model inspired by classic tactical design construction. They offer cutting-edge features and difficult-to-beat performance. Keep reading this cold steel recon 1 review to know more details. The current cold steel recon 1 price is 58$ on Amazon (It Might Change Based on The Demand).
This cold steel recon 1 knife is praised by the entire knife community as one of the best tactical folding series. The manufacturer claims that their products feature tactical-type features and tanto-point blades which is true indeed. They’re one of the most consistent, reliable and trust-worthy knife manufacturer.
This knife can be served to everyday utility functions and self-defense. Cold Steel company was founded in 1980, well-known for it’s Recon 1 knife series. You can read the Cold Steel Knives Review page as-well if necessary.
Concerns About The Blade: Cold Steel Recon 1
You’ll have two options to select from when it comes to blade. You may either pick a American tanto blade shape or clip point (bowie) blade shape. These both blades shape come hollow ground and have choice of partially serrated or plain edges.
All of the sharpen recon knives comes with a semi-glossy teflon coating. It may wear with use, which is a minor drawback.
However, the blade will look razor-sharp and polished. It’s a one kind of a knife that doesn’t designed to sit in the display case, but perform the tasks for which it has designed to. The blade material is Aus 8A Stainless Steel which will take a nice edge.
Is It Really Feature a G-1O Handle? Find-out Below,
Cold steel knives always does a excellent job when comes to updating handles with latest technologies. It feature thick slabs of G10 with a linerless design. It may lack of stainless steel liners, but it won’t be a problem at all for you.
The strong handle design allow for a superior and comfortable grip when in use. It also has a good size lanyard hole for additional security.
This will fit your hands like a glove effortlessly. The textured handle provide a firm grip in a wide variety of situations. This won’t hurt you, but make more comfortable to hold. These are some of the info about blades of cold steel recon 1 review.
Advantages of Cold Steel Recon 1
- It’s a Functional, Solid, Sturdy Knife That Provide Expectational Performance
- Expectational Locking Mechanism For Added Security
- Great G-10 handle, Superior AUS-8A Steel Blade, Better Ergonomics Make It a Go-To-Choice For Tactical Knife
- It Feature a Thumb Disc For Easy Opening and Pocket Clip For Convenient Carry
- The Tough PTFE Finish Resist Against Glare, Rust, Slips Through This Material
- The G-10 Provide a Superior Non-Slip Grip
- Recon 1 Knife Series Are Available At a Wide Variety of Blade Types and Blade Sizes
- Over-Engineered Construction Process To Make It Effective, Strong and Durable
Disadvantages of Cold Steel Recon 1
- The Lock Might Be Difficult To Disengage When New
- The Black Coating May Scratch After Heavy-Usage
- Steel is Good, But Not Ideal As S30V & 154CM Stainless Steel
Cold Steel Recon 1 Analysis: Overall, We hope you like this cold steel review guide. This article could be really useful for people who want to compare cold steel vs benchmade. Recon 1 is one of the dominating tactical and hunting knives in the market today. This model is a go-to-choice if you’re looking for a inexpensive model, but still want a make a worthy investment.
This can nail a wide variety of tasks and suit your specific requirements. For a knife enthusiast it’s not a bad option either. Thanks for spending your valuable time at this cold steel recon 1 review. You can contact us to solve your doubts. All the best & cheers!
You Can Discover The Total Predicted Score Given For Cold Steel Recon 1 Knife By Our Site's Senior Editor. This Is Calculated Based on The Points Given For Knife Design, Quality, Handle, Ergonomics, Blade, Durability and Many Other Considerations.