It’s very important to select the best survival machete available in the market today. A multi-purpose best machete on the market is essential to carry with yourself in a outdoor or survival adventure. A good machete can increase the efficiency of the work rate in crucial tasks such as Chopping Wood, Building Shelters and Clearing Brush.
Machete is also very good at reducing the overall body fatigue compared with other techniques of work. There are also many best machete for wilderness survival which can be used as a survival tool as-well. This can provide you extreme protection against biped aggressors and wild animals. You can securely have a trip in a outdoor adventure by carrying the best survival machete. Owning a item like this is very important if you’re out on a wild.
Most of the best machete on the market provide much greater advantage compared with survival knife. It’s large ample dimension can be used to serve a wide variety of purposes. This can be obviously used for Every-Day-Task and as a self-Defense tool too. However, we recommend you to check with local machete laws before buying a best survival machete for sale.
The 2 Types of Common Steels Used In The Machete Today
Before actually getting into the review, now let’s take a bit about the 2 common materials used in most of the best machete on the market today. The two important materials and those descriptions are mentioned below. You may also check other knife steel types for more info.
- Carbon Steel: This is one of the oldest materials used by most of the world’s best survival machete even after 400 years. The main reason include it retain it’s sharpness for a long period of time and much stronger compared with stainless steel. The only disadvantage of carbon steel is that it can get rusted much quickly and should be kept clear of moisture environments. This type of steel is not recommended for hiking through a rainforest.
- Stainless Steel: This is a better alternative to Carbon Steel and used by many best survival knife/machete as-well. It’s much more resistant to rust and water. This happens because of the additives presented in the stainless steel form a oxidized layer on the blade surface which resist against water and rust. Now most of the manufacturers, use High Carbon Stainless Steel (Combination of Both Materials) which provide more strength to the blade.
Top 4 Reviews of The Best Survival Machete Models
Below are our top picks for best quality survival machete on the market today. The models reviewed here can be used for a wide variety of tasks. Go through those reviews and get the maximum out of it. You can read this informative best survival machete review to make easy decision. Don’t get confused, but go ahead and check-out our recommendations.
The KuKri is one of the popular brand that produce best all round survival machete in the market today. This survival machete is heavy, large, durable and perfect tool for chopping which successfully replace the hatchet.
You can use it has excellent self-defense tool for detailed carving because of it’s blades are much narrower. It’s made from a carbon steel blade that adds sheer strength to the blade.
It’s also ideal for jobs such as clearing campsite, chopping weeds and many more. It has a Kragon G Thermoplastic Elastomer Handle which provide solid and comfortable grip when in use. This is probably one of the best rated survival machete.
Gerber 31-000758 is the best survival machete according to Amazon in (Gardening Machete Category). Gerber is a brand that never disappoint it’s consumers and always comes with innovative ideas to create the best functional survival tools. This machete is undoubtedly one of the best machete on the market today.
The fine edge saw blade, tactile rubber grip, black oxide coated steel make it a perfect machete to use for both works and as a self-defense tool. It consist of a nylon sheath to cover the machete securely when not in use.
Gerber Gator feature 15-inch fine edge blade on one side. The good thing about this best small survival machete is that it’s backed by a Limited Warranty.
It’s no surprise to see another Gerber best survival knife/machete recommendation in our list. This is a special machete designed by Bear Grylls, a Popular Adventurer, Writer & Television Presenter. This type of machete is ideal for clearing limbs and bushes.
The blade is made from high carbon steel blade which is easy to resharpen, corrosion resistance and add a sheer of strength. The Full-Tang Construction increase the durability to an extend.
The ergonomic textured rubber grip prevent the slippage and increase the comfort significantly. This finest machete on the market comes with a nylon sheath as-well. It’s a military-grade lightweight machete.
As we discussed earlier, Stainless Steel Machetes’s are also becoming widespread in the market today. This Schrade Stainless Steel Machete is a perfect example for this.
It’s one of the finest & best survival machete that can provide expectational performance. The Safe-T-Grip Handle provide solid and comfortable grip.
It’s a bit shorter in length compared with other machetes, but has promising features. The sheath has a removable shoulder strap, contain sharpening stone and fire starter as-well.
The 3Cr13 Blade Steel add riveted strength to the blade. This is one of the go-to-choice of best machete for wilderness survival for outdoor adventures.
2. Choose a Heavy, Reliable and Easy-To-Use Machete That’s Either Made From High Carbon Steel or Stainless Steel. Try To Avoid Buying Other Low-Quality Blades.
3. Try To Buy a Best Survival Machete That Can Be Useful In Extreme Situations Which Can Be Easily Tied On To Your Belt.
4. Consider Buying a Machete With Sheath. Most of The Popular Models Comes With a Free Sheath Included Only.